RSA Global Webinar Series: Worldwide Online
The Regional Studies Association Team is pleased to invite you to RSA Global, a new online webinar series free and open to all.
RSA Global will run between 02.11. – 16.11.2020 and will virtually travel the globe by presenting territory specific stops en route in which the Regional Studies Association’s (RSA) international networks showcase research and developments in regional studies, science and policy.
The event has been developed together with partners in our different territories and we thank them for being actively involved in the organisation of this webinar series.
The aim of the event is to bring together the Regional Studies communities from around the globe to support the community with knowledge exchange and capacity building sessions in times when we cannot travel and meet in person.
Travelling with the sun from East to West, RSA Global will run the following event programmes:
- Australasia – Monday 02.11.2020
- Plenary: The Future of Regional Tourism without International Tourists (Susanne Becken, Griffith University)
- Panel: Reimagining Tourism for 2021 and Beyond
- Doing Fieldwork Research when Regions are Closed (Melissa Nursey-Bray, University of Adelaide)
- China – Tuesday 03.11.2020
- Plenary: Interconnected Worlds of Electronics: Global Production Networks & East Asia (Henry Wai-chung Yeung)
- Panel: The gap of Understanding the Belt and Road Initiative between Chinese and Western Scholars
- Publishing in International Journals
- India – Wednesday 04.11.2020
- Plenary: India 2030: Planning and Governance of City Regions (Simin Davoudi, Newcastle University, UK)
- Russia – Friday 06.11.2020
- Paper Session: Diversity and Inequality in Urban and Regional Development
- Europe – Monday 09.11.2020
- Plenary (Andrés Rodríguez-Pose, London School of Economics)
- Panel: Place-based Leadership
- Panel: Institutions and Regional Development
- Africa – Wednesday 11.11.2020
- Panel: Post-Conflict Reconstruction
- Panel: Regional Planning, Integration and Security in Nigeria
- Plenary: Urbanisation, Economic Density and the Pandemic (Ivan Turok, South African NRF Research Chair in City-Region Economies)
- Latin America – Friday 13.11.2020
- Plenary: Is Urbanization in the Global South Fundamentally Different? Comparative Global Urban Analysis for the 21st Century (Michael Storper, LSE, Sciences Po and UCLA)
- Panel: Local Economic Development in Latin America
- Session on Academic Writing and Publishing
- North America – Monday 16.11.2020
- Plenary: Economic Nationalism, Migration Management, and North American Regional Integration in a Global Context
- Panel: Regional Lives of Migration
- Communicating Research for Policymakers
To view more information about the sessions and to register for free, please click on the territories above. Each programme will be three hours long and formats include plenaries, panels, and professional development sessions. All events are free and open to all and we hope you will be able to join us. RSA membership is not a requirement to join the webinars live, all you will need is a free account on the RSA Members’ Lounge to register for the sessions.
Recordings of all sessions will be made available on the Members’ Lounge.
Please do share information on RSA Global with interested colleagues, students as well as your wider network. To follow the conversation on Twitter and to share news about RSA Global, please use #RSAGlobal and tag us @regstud.